The Second Biomedical Engineering Workshop
The Second Biomedical Engineering Workshop will get you exposed to various interdisciplinary topics and tools that are highly relevant to Biomedical Engineering such as Medical Visualization, Computer Graphics, Software Engineering, Hardware Design, High Performance Computing, Heterogeneous Computing, Bioinformatics, and others.
High Performance Computing
Introduction to High Performance Computing (HPC), Task-Parallel Vs. Data Parallel Techniques, Shared Vs. Distributed Memory Architectures, Race Conditions, Memory Architecture, OpenMP, MPI, Dataflow Programming, GPGPU or GPU Programming, CUDA, OpenCL, Exa-Scale Computing, Hybrid Computing Clusters, Heterogenous Computing, etc ...
Introduction to Rendering, Computer Graphics, OpenGL Pipeline, Rasterization Vs. Raytracing, Volume Vs. Surface Rendering, OOP-based Visualization, Scene-graph-based Rendering, Open Inventor, XIP, VTK, ITK, Shading Languages, Image Processing, Transfer Functions, Performance Optimizations.
Software Engineering & Bioifnromatics
Introduction to Programming Languages (C++, Java, MATLAB, CUDA, Python, Ruby, Perl, Scala, Brainfuck, etc...), Programming Vs. Scripting Languages, How to Select your Programmgin Language, Programming Paradigms (Procedural, OOP, Event-driven, Task-driven, Functional, etc ... ), What is the most Suitable Paradigm to be Followed?, Software Build Systems (MS Visual Studio Vs. AutoTools, CMake), Version Control Systems (CVS, SVN, Mercirual, GIT).
Hardware/Software Building Blocks, Embedded System Programming, STM32F4DISCOVERY Board, “Factorial Engine” via UART, Arduino Platform, The Raspberry Pi Platform, Single Board Computers, Toggle GPIO via Network, Internet of Things (IoT), WAN and WSN.
Registration is open. You can fill in the online registration form now and pay onsite later. Hurry up, we have limited number of slots this year.
The workshop poster is downloadable in high quality from this link .
- The workshop is done. Thank you for your kind participation in this amazing event, and we hope to see you in the future versions. Remember to PAY IT FORWARD.
- The materials have been uploaded to the Materials page.
- The first day in the workshop is starting tomorrow Saturday at 9:00 am, so please be in front of Building #15 at 8:30 to receive your name-tags. Please be guided by this map to get to building #15 in the Faculty campus :
- Available seats are extended to 100, and registration deadline is extended to Friday 23.10.2015.
- For participants from BME Department, Cairo University, it has been confirmed there won't be absence penalty for lectures during the workshops as long as proof of workshop attendance is provided to your lecture instructor. All the participants will receive their certificates upon their final confirmation.
- The participants list is getting updated, please confirm your attendance ASAP (deadline Thursday 22.10.2015).
- Minor changes in the final program.
- The final program is confirmed.
- The registrants list is being updated (10.10.2015)
- The final poster of the workshop is uploaded (9.10.2015)
- Speakers list is updated (9.10.2015)
- Registration is open (9.10.2015)
- Blog created, feel free to share the knowledge (2.10.2015)
- Website designed and activated (1.10.2015)